Calais 53 Black Ankle Boots
Another winter worthy boot, in classic black, and able to take you for a walk, to the footy, and to a restaurant with ease. Waterproof, comfortable, and brilliant with pants and denims.
Westland has designed Calais 53 as an all-day all-weather walking boot. Perfect for cooler weather, the over-arch velcro strap opens right up for easy access to the boot, and then creates the perfect fit for skinny, normal and wider ankles. Warmly lined, the TopDryTex membrane of the upper protects you from wind and rain, and the insole has arch support, is well cushioned, and is removable – so this takes your orthotic.
Amaretta, man-made suede
TopDry-Tex, warm textile
- The upper material is Amaretta which has a suede-like finish but is a non-leather material, which naturally repels water and dirt
- There is an inner membrane with Westland’s TopDryTex technology. This quality membrane has microscopic pores to ensure your footwear is waterproof and windproof, whilst remaining absolutely breathable
- The inner is a soft textile on the foot
- The removable footbed ensures this boot will take your orthotic
- A traction PU sole is lightweight, absorbs shock, and is the basis for arch support in the boot
- The production of the PU sole does not use adhesives – instead it uses a heat fusing process – and is consequently very resource-saving
- This boot has a G width which means it is wide and comfortably accommodates bunions and wider feet
Composition & Care
Outer fabric composition: Amaretta
Inner fabric composition: Textile, TopDry-Tex
This is a naturally waterproofed boot, however Amaretta still requires some care. Before wearing for the first time, we recommend spraying with Collonil Waterstop Spray before first use, and regularly thereafter.
For any dirt, remove as soon as possible with a damp colourless cloth, and non-scented vegetable soap if necessary. Do not dry in direct sunlight or near a direct heat source.